#20 Starrbide CrucibleAMR-200270
At a Glance
- High quality tar-bonded silicon carbide crucible.
- Consistent performance for aluminum, brass and bronze.
- Good thermal shock resistance.
- Good resistance to attack by chemical treatment agents.
- High mechanical strength.
Top Outside Diameter: 7-5/8"
Bottom Outside Diameter: 6-1/8"
Bilge: 8-3/8" Diameter
Common Applications for Starrbide Crucibles
These crucibles are best-suited for processes that involve elevated rates of heating and fluctuating rates of temperature.
Starrbide crucibles are also commonly used with furnaces that are induction-based or fuel-fired along with electric resistance heaters.
As they possess a high melting point and a strong degree of mechanical strength, they are valuable in the melting of heavy metal alloys and the holding of non-ferrous alloys.
Typical metal casting temperatures: 1300ºF - 2200ºF.
Best results are obtained by:
1) Gently pre-heating empty crucible until bright red on first melt to seal glaze.
2) Using a baseblock beneath the crucible to take the brunt of the burner's flame impingement.